View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 03:17 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Did the chiro diagnose a visual problem ? Double vision, convergence insufficiency, etc.?

Many find that they need to resolve one issue before treating the second. If you have a vision issue that needs therapy and a vestibular issue, you may want to treat just the vision issue and not treat the vestibular until the vision is improving.

It appears Carrick wants to use a shotgun approach by trying to treat everything at once. That can be a heavy load for a struggling brain.

Some people are tempted to overdo the therapy thinking more is better, especially if they have so much time to fill. That is usually not the case.

btw, It may take weeks to see improvements with your eyes. Please don't be in a hurry. The brain has a limit to how fast it can heal or adapt.

I've been here on NT since 2009. I frequently see people like you who are so determined to get better that they push too hard and are far too anxious. Often, they go backwards until they slow down with their expectations. The "I want my life back !" mantra is the kiss of death to recovery if it causes anxiety and over-doing it. Some have spent a year or more pushing with no improvements. Then, out of exhaustion, frustration and desperation, they resign to the fact they are injured and slow down and THEN they start improving.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chasann (05-14-2017)