View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 08:18 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou1978 View Post
He is only 5. My other son seems o.k who is 9. The proff said you can have the mutation but it doesn't always lead to symptoms so this is why there is no past family history.
Did you have symptoms as a child?

When I look back, I had mild dysautonomia, heat intolerance, joints that would crack out and back in, but was pretty much a normal kid and it probably all could have fallen under an anemia diagnosis since I was anemic. Later in my early twenties, my SI joints would go in and out and cause some problems here and there and I became hypoglycemic, but controlled it with protein every 2.5 hrs and was fine, Thirties I felt better than I ever did, knew how to take care of my idiosyncrasies and had 3 kids by then. Two of my three had some of my "sensitivities", but the other had none. I can tell you that never in in my childhood or whole life until I got sfn, did I or my kids have nerve pain, crawling, numbness, or tingling. So I am having a very hard time accepting that a mutation is the answer to this. Obviously we were genetically predisposed to what ever happened, but life was pretty normal before this. Maybe I'm just in denial.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote