View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 09:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Bad heat, bad, bad heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigicnm View Post
I don't have any other suggestions for the allodynia. My CRPS is is the same place and the only thing I have had any luck with is a Tommy Copper compression sleeve. No other brand!

As far as the heat intolerance, I do have a suggestion. I have a very open-minded pain doc. He is willing to think outside of the box and try anything new. He put me on a combo of memantine, minocycline, and metformin. I couldn't tolerate the combo (though it really helped the pain). I found through trial and error that Minocycline 100mg daily (the same low dosage that you would take for acne) has made my heat intolerance 75% better.

I was able to find some research on how monocycline helps CRPS symptoms (not specifically heat intolerance but symptoms in general). I am just so relieved to not have sweat dripping down my hairline all day.

Best wishes,
Gigi
Gigi, What a great doctor you have! For me, it's mostly heat pain that bothers me. My underarms/arms don't sweat at all but the backs of my hands can start dripping! Guess it's gotta go somewhere

Can you share the research you referenced above re: minocycline. It sounds interesting. I also read that triptans help migraine sufferers who get allodynia during an attack. I wonder if anyone has studied whether it works on people who don't get migraines but have allodynia.

Lori
ShaggyChic_1201 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (06-11-2017)