View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 10:32 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi Kiwi & MrsD,

Again thank you for your time!

I hadn’t had any physical brain trauma prior and the neurologist made it seem like it really wasn’t anything to worry about – so maybe something slightly different to that? How he explained it was that my brain is letting into much noise, which is making me very aware of everything.

Yes Mrs D, I very much feel like me presenting with such an onset of symptoms made them put me right in that category. From my GP’s perspective it was a little more gradual as I was presenting to here with the different symptoms as they began – but when the referral appointment happened it was six months later and I had a list the length of my arm.

When this first happened five/six years ago I had recently lost someone very close to me so I found it easier to accept the depression diagnosis, but it was still incredibly out of character and I still had this gut feeling that there was something more behind it. When it struck this time I couldn’t have been any happier, life was great, I think the pain in my face & drying of nasal passages slowly got to me over a couple of month previous, but nothing else.

The thing that unnerved me this time and made me think it was definitely something neurological was that I was very aware of each part of my body it was affecting at any given time (My mum tells me I’m crazy when I tell her this and I didn’t really explain it to the neurologist as I was worried he would think the same) – but for a two/three day period when the symptoms peaked around Christmas I had very weird things going on in my body. This ranges from me having the strangest cough (not like anything I had experienced before), which lasted for around half an hour and literally took my breath away, to having the feeling that my genital area was aroused for quite some time (without me being in that mood whatsoever) – post this the sexual dysfunction began and it, which has resulted in my body not responding in sexual situations whatsoever, to having the feeling that you get when you’re on a theme park ride (adrenalin rush I guess) while just sitting on the sofa - to feeling jolts of electricity, which resulted it lots of bruises on my legs (where I was feeling the jolt), to waking up each morning at exactly the same time (3am), sweating around my waste, it really was a strange couple of days and it has scared me to be honest.

My GP has exhausted all blood tests possible (including vitamins) at this moment and nothing showed up, obviously she has to take the professional recommendations on board too, I’m just scared that I could be allowing something that is already causing me such issues to progress. Another thing that worries me is that around a month before these symptoms began I used Aldra cream on a wart, I thought nothing of it at the time, but if I did have some immune issues underlying and I revved up my immune system – it wouldn’t have helped what so-ever.

I am currently using eye drops, coconut oil & Xyimelts for the dryness but I have read a lot about lipoic acid so I may look into this too!
Kmperkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote