View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 11:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Well, I've been off for a bit, lost my eldest uncle on Monday to a massive heart attack while he was already in the hospital for an infection of the lining of his lungs. So I'll be away for about another week or so, as my mother and i are making the trip to NH for his funeral. Though there has been some good news this past week or so... sorry not even sure what day it is, but I go see a neurosurgeon in about a month now to get my baclofen pump . My fingers are really crossed it will help, as a few days before the doctor office called me I was sitting down and watched as my ankle jerked sideways and sprained itself. Left me hobbling around for about a week. Just thankful it didn't break itself.

I am done with this body sometimes, I swear I'm just going to start calling it Linda Blair . Rather fitting since the DH decided I might want some make up to wear with the funeral and all, I don't tend to wear any normally, but we went to the store and found what seemed like it might be a light enough shade for foundation of sorts, one of those bb creams....it was... but once it was on, though other than hiding some freckles it didn't change my skin color and yet somehow it looked like I was ready to be laid out in a casket rather than my uncle. It's pretty sad when you have to use baby powder to add color to your face. And worse of all, it doesn't really "wash off" it's one of those that has a redness reducer, so even after scrubbing my face I still look like I belong in a Rob Zombie video. But the other one we got, since the DH knows I have issues finding good foundations, looked like I was going to audition as an Oompa Loompa and it was alabaster, the lightest of the light foundations.

Keep your fingers crossed that the morticians don't try to catch me and toss me into a casket at the funeral service and the groundskeepers at the cemetery don't think I'm some escapee zombie. If you don't hear from me in a week or so it means they probably did, so check the news for warnings about the zombie apocalypse that came to a quick end in Boscawen NH and protect any Irishmen you might know until the hysteria dies down a bit.
tkrik (05-19-2017)