View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 11:08 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post

btw, Crosby is not healthy. He has his ups and downs.
I think about Crosby's concussion trials quite a bit. For context, all of my concussion's came from hockey and I received most of my help in recovery from a facility that Crosby uses, although it is not in the media like the Carrick Institute.

His best-in-the-world performance is largely to do with his brain processing speed which allows him to see the game, a very fast-paced game, better than anyone else in the world. Yet, he struggles with the ever increasing sensitive brain that has become prone to concussion. How does he do it???

We all know that concussions affect our brain processing speed, our balance, our sensitivity to stimulation, etc. You can see it in Crosby's face that he is affected by all the concussions. He covers his eyes with a hat during interviews, he has 1 eye partially closed while on the bench after a shift which I perceive to be a sign of reducing stimuli. Yet, he came back last year from a significant concussion to win the Stanley Cup, and he's at it again this year continuously proving that the concussions are not preventing him from being the best hockey player in the world. How does he do it???

What is he doing that we don't know about. It can't all be from Carrick's 'space chair'. I feel like professional sports are secretive about their concussion recovery procedures and only reveal parts of the story (ie. Dr Carrick's program). I suspect that Crosby is heavily invested in neurotransmitter treatment, especially acetylcholine which represents brain processing speed. What else though, aside from Carrick's space chair that treats the balance/vestibular system.

Any thoughts?

Hains
Hains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote