View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 03:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't know about the patch, Ron, but Azilect is rasagiline, indeed. The manufacturer is Teva Pharmaceuticals in Israel and the distributor in Europe is Lundbeck Ltd.
By the way, you know you can get dysks from too much or from too little levadopa. Since you've had PD for well over ten years, maybe the dosage you're taking is insufficient. I am taking 450 mg a day, but have to stretch it by taking Stalevo, which contains entacapone. Stalevo, however, multiplies my dyskinesia and, even though I'm "on", I find myself writhing all the time and can't drive safely, plus I make everybody around me nervous.

Now I find that Azilect "stretches" the on-time without causing dyskinesia and relieves all major symptons, except the balance problems. It loosens your muscles, which in turn prevents much pain (my facial expression is back to normal, and I don't have to look in the mirror to notice, just the fact that I can whistle again is evidence enough).

It does come with a warning for people with liver disease, since it's metabolized in the liver. I also have to check and make sure it's not making constipation worse, otherwise I would have to drop bananas and chocolate from my diet altogether.

Cheers
Teresa
Teretxu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote