View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 07:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to be so late in reply. I haven't been on the board much lately.

Your symptoms certainly sound like Sjogren's and I would suggest you request a lip biopsy. The labs for Sjogren's are often inconclusive and 40% of those with Sjogren's have negative labs anyway.

The lip biopsy would confirm/deny the Sjogren's. I don't see much sign of neurologic involvement in your symptoms listed. Your doctor is right, typical symptoms of autonomic dysfunction would include BP and heart rate changes...especially when standing. The other autonomic symptoms would include temperature intolerance (not just night sweats), urination problems (difficulty starting to void and also complete emptying), GI involvement like gastroparesis, vision changes (double vision), livedo reticularis, as well as a few other not so common symptoms.

They certainly haven't done a thorough work-up for you (at least by your reporting) and you should immediately ask for a lip biopsy to confirm the Sjogren's. Most of your symptoms can be explained by the Sjogren's alone...even the swelling in the cheeks (swollen parotid glands is common in Sjogren's). You would definitely benefit a proper Dx so you can be treated accordingly.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (05-19-2017)