View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 06:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the info, Lara. Yep, I'm on both forums trying to get this sorted out

I have a couple more questions to bother you all with, thanks so much any response, I truly appreciate it!!

I read something someone had written about her son, saying "he wasn't having seizures at the time, but WAS having lots of activity".....

Now, based on that, could my son be having *activity* during all this blinking etc? My hubby was saying because the blinking is so frequent, it can't be seizures-- he talks to us throughout all teh blining and seems to know what is going on etc. I see what he is saying but even said to him before, maybe it is activity. Then I read what the other mom said and thought maybe that could be right...? Maybe sometimes he does stare off for a couple seconds (absence seizures) and otherwise, in between is a lot of "activity"? If that sounds stupid, please excuse my ignorance, as I'm new to all this!

Also, as far as sleep goes... he tics even when he is half asleep... barely awake but the noises stop the second he falls asleep. I do see some movements while sleeping but that could be normal in people that don't have tics, I think. He came into my bed a little while ago and went backt o sleep so I was watching him sleep. His hands, feet, and shoulders would twitch (not at the same time). Don't know if it's related to anything or not. I really didn't watch him that long, I got up and ran out here to post this!

eta: forgot another question... if he having activity, would that show on an EEG, or would it have to be an actual seizure? I don't know a lot about this.

Last edited by ives6797; 07-16-2007 at 06:49 AM.
ives6797 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote