View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 05:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lparsons04 View Post
Hello All...

I am a 30 yr old female. I was diagnosed with TN on January 6 2012.. since then I have had 2 gamma knife procedures, 2MVDs and a brain surgery to do Neuro-licis on the nerve.. however I've also tried EVERY anti seizure medication or there as well as now I am currently on 10mg of methadone 3 times a day, and have dilaudid for breakthrough pain.. however.. I have built up a tolerance to my dilaudid. As most of you know, it happens, it sucks, and I just need something else! I've come to the conclusion I need pain medication to help control this. NOTHING else is working for me.. yes I've tried cbd.. it makes me sick.. yes I've tried kratom.. it was a joke. It gives you the euphoria but no pain relief.. and it tastes like ***. Lol.. so, no thank you! I need pain management.. do any of you wonderful warriors have a suggestion of what you ask my pain management doctor for? It was suggested to try M.S. contin... I'm aware of the possibility of adduction. At this point, I don't care. I'll deal with addiction if I'm pain free. I also suffer from fibromyalgia, lupus, ms, ptsd, anxiety and endometriosis. I'm DONE hurting. Please help!!
Wow! That many procedures for your TN? Which type do you have? Typical or Atypical? I had one MVD and I'm 95% pain free now but still taking some Tegretol every day. My life was worthless and in a downward spiral before having surgery. When I was seeing a pain management doctor before I had surgery, he had me on 10mg of Oxycotin 3 times a day. I didn't like it but really as you know at that point you will try anything. He told me it was the best thing for nerve pain. I got off of that crap right after having surgery.

And you are only 30....wow I really feel for you. I'm a male and my TN didn't start until I was 56.

Oh and my neurosurgeon told me that Gamma Knife really wasn't that successful in treating TN.

And what is this Neuro-licis on the nerve you speak of. I've never heard of it.

I truly hope that you get better and find relief sometime in the future.

Ken