View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 10:01 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
SecondChances, you could consider taking taurine as a supplement. I have been taking it at 1 g/day for some time. It is the only supplement that I take. This (courtesy of mrsD) provides some background Benefits of Taurine | Life Extension.

Recently I developed painful osteoarthritis in one shoulder. Based on the anti-inflammatory properties of taurine (Taurine and inflammatory diseases) I increased the dose to 3 g/day and it is working well.

I don't know if what you have described has an inflammatory component but it might help.

I doubt that it will interact with your prescription drugs but obviously check with your doctor about this first.
Oh wow Kiwi, thanks much. I have read up on Taurine and believe that could be a wonderful option for me. Ironically I recently had some lab tests done and I was alarmed to find that the blood sample revealed elevated inflamation
properties but no doctor can tell me if this is a result of my multitude of old injuries and back problems or something else. I will definately try the Taurine. Much thanks.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (05-22-2017)