View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 02:58 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
If you respond to the epsom salts, do them once a day for at least a week. The magnesium in them opens up small blood vessels to improve circulation there and also they block pain signals from the NMDA pain receptors.

It is safe, inexpensive and easy to use epsom salts as a soak, as long as you don't use hot water.

Look at what you are eating. Too much sugar or carbs, or MSG in processed food (including restaurant food), or histamine containing foods can cause nerve problems for some people.
Some react to hot sauces which are nightshades. Avoid hot sauces, chilis , paprika for 2 weeks if you eat them alot. You might be surprised at the improvements you may have.

There is a histamine thread in the subforum at the PN forum here. Search "histamine" on page one there and I have some links you can read.
I will absolutely try epsom salt baths thanks for the advice.

I do eat a lot of sugar, possibly carbs too, also some histamine foods. I could try with antihistamines and to cut it.

What is bad is that I can't sleep well. Spasms wake me up and sometimes won't subside for an hour. I am very tired and there is anemia too.
I am worried that spasms are mostly in that thumb muscle the rest are minor and rare and move around. Only this one is focal but strong enough to bother me.
biba_yu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote