View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 04:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Good news, I'm reasonably sure I know his behaviours well enough to know if he has or hasn't. I believe he hasn't. I have experienced the "smell" only again once in this last week. It was a passing whift and then nothing. It included me snuggling up & getting real close, nope no smell of alcohol. I believe if he were to have had even 1 drink on 1 night, he would be at it again the next and the next. He has no self control once he starts. Much like sugary foods, ice cream, chocolate, once he starts he can't stop. And in the last 2 weeks he has had either an entire chocolate bar or ice cream every day. He is pre-diabetic, we know that from the last round of blood tests, I've been told diabetics can give off a smell similar to alcohol, I did a bit of research on it and it's 100% true. So in all I genuinely believe it's his over endulgance with sweets and my auras. I'm glad I didn't say anything. He has enough on his plate without feeling like I'm examining his every move. And to be truthful I'm not wanting to go back to that way of living. I'm not his mother or guardian, he has to make his own choices. On another positive note, he's got a referral to his psych & his new partner. DB wants to change his antidepressant as he thinks this one is not working. I wonder if his main issue is he feels he has no purpose, he hates his work environment and cant motivate himself to do anything when home. He is off on a mankind weekend again next week. This time as an assistant not participant. I hope it can help him get in with making new friends. All his old boozy friends have moved on with their lives, not willing to have a sober DB as their mate. Comments such as your no fun anymore or your boring nowadays have hit their mark and hurt. Yes he was entertaining, but I find him even more so sober, he is intelligent, witty and captivating while willing to hold good conversations. Sadly they prefer having someone to laugh at, not laugh with. So it's 508 days.
eva5667faliure (05-21-2017), ger715 (05-22-2017), Icehouse (05-22-2017), kiwi33 (05-21-2017), Wide-O (05-21-2017)