View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 07:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
Just because your doctors found you don't have autonomic dysfunction in other areas, doesn't mean that your livedo isn't autonomically based. You can (often) have just one or two autonomic dysfunctions...especially early on in the autoimmune process. Do you have ANY autonomic symtpoms...like dizziness when standing or heart racing? My livedo showed up years before any other symptoms (and was just in my thighs), then spread to lower legs, arms, and now 20 years later, includes front and back of complete torso.

But remember, we know there ARE other causes of livedo.

I do have mild allodynia (which is the name of the condition when your skin is very sensitive to the touch, like pants, etc) on certain areas of my legs, but I can wear pants without a problem. It is not related to my livedo...it is as aspect of the SFN (small fiber neuropathy).

I do receive IVIG for both immune deficiency and neurological damage from Sjogren's.

If you had a skin biopsy, then you would know for sure whether you had SFN (causing the pain) and also any autonomic damage (as they check the autonomic fibers).
I just got the second biopsy done and it was normal. Hopkins says I still have it though. Do you have the lacy pattern all over your arms, torso and legs?
Goosiegoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote