Old 05-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymorgy View Post
I am sorry it happened to you. I watched the video and it looked too difficult for me. I just turned 73. I was lucky with my stroke my neurologist told me.she said I could have been paralysed on my right side. I got worse after trying two p.t. places. I bought a stationary bike which I use for only a few minutes and I bought that stuff like silly putty for my hand, I also bought stretch bands which are lost somewhere. Have you gained back much of what you lost? Did you suffer from constant fatigue?
It is sad about not really wanting to go out. I am afraid to go a few blocks for fear of not having the strength to get back.
sending prayers
bobby
I'll never regain what I lost, everything has changed especially my balance. Sometimes I have to hold onto the walls just to walk straight. Getting up and down 5 flights of stairs is really hard. I have to move my car everyday or I'll get a $20. ticket so I have to do it. I think it's just a test to see how much I can really stand. And I am very tired ALL the time.

I can't imagine how tired you get at 73. It must be crippling. I have to take in a little more caffeine just to function.

I guess what Bette Davis said was true: Getting old isn't for sissies.
"Thanks for this!" says:
mymorgy (05-23-2017), OhKay (05-24-2017)