Thread: Terrified
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 05:48 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I can understand why you are so worried BF, and I'm so sorry that you are feeling so terrible

I'm on SSDI and have worries, too. I'm waiting to hear back about my benefit review right now and it's been a couple of months. I should have heard back by now. They may want to do a full case review this time, which is more likely because I'm only 36. It would be a huge pain in the *** and there's a slim chance I could lose benefits. Maybe that's more likely now, IDK.

Without getting too political... Consider the news about the budget cuts yesterday as suggestions... that many lawmakers on both sides of the aisle don't agree with. Nothing is set in stone regarding changes to any entitlement programs right now, and potential changes aren't likely to take effect soon. I agree with Jo*mar... writing to your local senator and congressman is a good idea. Doing something about my worries usually makes me feel better, and I think you should take the opportunity to make your voice heard.

I know that this must be a huge source of anxiety for you, BF.
My best advice is to stay away from the news because it will only feed your anxiety
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (05-24-2017), ger715 (05-25-2017), Mari (05-24-2017), mymorgy (05-24-2017), Wiix (05-24-2017)