View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 11:06 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Another question on minor hits

Good morning everyone,

I am 7 months into my PCS. My only symptom at this point is headaches, which I finally had under control by moderating my activities and taking paracetamol when necessary.

Yesterday I received another hit to the head: I was seating in a bus when another passenger indvertently hit my head with his elbow. That was a very minor hit and I am pretty sure that I would not have caused any issue at all for a healthy person. However, today I am feeling worse than ever - nausea, fatigue, dizziness, very strong headaches...

I know that there might not be any "objective" answer to that question but I am nevertheless looking for advice, if any. I was determined to ignore this event (with the idea that anxiety was my worst enemy here, not the hit itself) but my strong reaction today makes me think that I should treat it as another concussion, even if it wasn't one objectively. At the moment I am therefore planning to spend the next days, or perhaps the next weeks lying in a dark room without any visual or auditory stimulus. Is is the best course of action? Do you have any advice to share? Do you have any idea on the long-term effects of such a small impact?

Many thanks in advance.
Best regards
Vania
Vania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote