Thread: Hey everyone
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 03:03 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you everyone, I'll never forget when she looked at the teal one, the first one we made her. Her expression of amazement was something to behold. I felt such pride, that I had been able to have my son help me create something that would comfort her. Thank you all for caring. I know I've been away for some time. But I never forget my friends here. Thank you for not forgetting me.

The bags are a little bit of work, but they are fun to make. I am making a quilt right now and hope to get one more bag made soon, a new pattern, a hobo style one. It's like I am trying to find the perfect sized bag, and the first one, the navy and cherries one, that was too big, the others are just a bit too small, but they have zipper closures. So I like that. I can't wait to make the hobo, other than I have to wait because I am having the left carpal tunnel released soon. <3

First one with matching organizer:

Here it is next to the one of the ones I made for myself out of animals fabric:

Made a matching one for a dear friend:

I haven't been up to sewing, probably more from emotional anguish than pain honestly. I need to work through it somehow. I have a new tdoc and pdoc and they are great, but it's hard. Very hard trying to learn new coping tools. Been working with Core Mindfulness, it's helping, but only when I remember to use the new skills I'm learning.

Last edited by Pamster; 05-24-2017 at 03:24 PM. Reason: adding pics
"Thanks for this!" says:
mymorgy (05-24-2017), OhKay (05-25-2017), St George 2013 (06-04-2017)