View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 03:58 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenfriend View Post
I don't know if I want to contact my State representatives. Through out my life I have been disregarded because of mental health problems. I really don't think that they would care about me if I tell them that I have mental health issues. At this point, I don't trust them.
((But))
I hope that people do talk about their concerns with possibly loosing their SSDI, and medicare/Medicaid to their representatives. If they drop these programs, people are going to loose everything, and end up on the streets, and some will die, and some will commit suicide. Some will be removed from nursing homes, and all kinds of things, and more. They should think about how much of a mistake that would be. BF

BF,
As I understand; (explained by someone in the media who cares that people are frightened)... This is just the annual yearly rate increase (cost of living, etc.) that is being discussed. You will still have an increase annually; but not as high as in the past. It has nothing to do with getting rid of the program for those in need.

Between the media and politicians, often for political reasons, count on people's fears.

Sad; BF,..... You'll be okay.

Gerry
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (05-26-2017), mymorgy (05-25-2017), OhKay (05-26-2017)