Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 06:16 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Mari, I'm so sorry about the stroke and the timing
Being a little less alert, saving you from a little of the stress of the move and your husband's anxiety sounds like a good thing, but I don't know how you got through a move under those miserable conditions

We are both adamant that we are moving, but I think part of the reason why my husband isn't motivated yet is because it's two months away and we haven't landed a new place yet. He has no sense of urgency because I don't think it feels "real" to him yet. I'll be boxing CDs and DVDs this weekend. Maybe that will help.

Sometimes I fail to take into account how much he drinks... maybe he listens, but just doesn't remember. If he gets home at 3pm, and I get up from my nap at 6, I don't always know how much he's had to drink... but it's usually a lot.

More stress:

Each infusion of Tysabri (the MS med) costs thousands of dollars. I was on it twice before, and both times it was covered by insurance at 100%. I found out yesterday that because of changes to my plan (I'm on a medicare advantage plan) over the years, it will now be covered under my prescription drug plan as a tier 5 drug and I'll be responsible for 27% of the cost. The girl at the insurance company said the "wholesale cost" of an infusion is around $2500 a month (I don't know if that is accurate, think it's higher), but that's not the same as the "allowable cost" the pharmacy can charge the insurance company/medicare. I have to wait until a prior authorization is processed and I request that the pharmacy run the prescription through my insurance before I can find out what the "total drug cost" (very important if you have medicare) and my copay will be.

I just wrote a long explanation about medicare, the donut hole, and catastrophic coverage, but erased all of it. All you guys need to know is that I'm probably not going back on Tysabri because we'd be moving into a cardboard box instead of an apartment if I did.

I guess I'm okay with that? I have little to no faith in it. But my MS has been taking a toll on me... IDK.

I'm aware of patient assistant programs, etc. I will apply, but will not qualify. Please do not post links.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mari (05-26-2017), mymorgy (05-26-2017)