View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 05:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmperkins View Post
Also En Bloc can I please ask you another sjogrens related question.

A big issue of mine is the dry nose. I have gone from someone being full of snot (due to allergies), to having pretty much nothing (which makes it very uncomfortable now my allergies have kicked in). Do you suffer with that?

Thinking about it logically my body has gone from receiving lots of mucus from my nose, mouth. Is there something you take to help with dryness of the digestive tract? Are there any substitutes I should be taking for what my body is missing from my saliva (digestive enzymes etc.?)

Thanks so much,

Kirsty
Your sinuses absolutely suffer when Sjogren's is present. And the sinuses don't drain properly, causing more frequent bouts of sinusitis, etc.

There are many products to help keep the nose comfortable...saline sprays (make sure they are just saline, and not medicated. Also Ayr gel/ointment helps keep the inside of the nose moist, cutting down on nose bleeds from dry air and dry skin inside the nose.

There really isn't much you can do to replace saliva in your GI tract. All organs can suffer from lack of moisture. Just make sure to drink plenty of fluids. If you have GI problems, you really need to address them with a GI doctor for specific instructions. Don't add digestive enzymes unless you been tested and found they are deficient. Just focus on a balanced/healthy diet, fluids and if any problems arise, then get them checked out.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote