View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 10:00 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Anxiety or real thing?

Hi all,

Sorry for another post like this. I guess I just really need some kind of peace of mind because I'm so worried about what comes next.

Last July 2016 I suffered a concussion from falling over a shoe in my room and hit the back of my head on my dresser. I went to work for a few days after and realized that I was not in good shape so did 2 weeks of cognitive rest. I developed PCS and was back to almost normal in November 2016.

In January this year, 2017, I suffered another concussion by knocking the back of my head on a desk. I took cognitive rest immediately and was fortunate enough to get sent to vestibular therapy this time. I was back to work and back on my feet by late March.

One week ago, I tripped over my curtains and the curtain rod came down and hit the back of my head in the same area. I remember thinking that it was a light hit and in no way could have caused the problem. It fell from about 10 ft though so it had momentum. Right away I was ANXIOUS so I felt foggy but kept telling myself I was fine. All week I powered through - I felt a little foggy and out of it but drank a few times and went to a concert and was ok, and just kept telling myself it was in my head. On Friday about 5 days after the incident, I started having awful migraine headaches. For two days now, I've hardly been able to get out of bed as the pain is so bad and I just feel so foggy. I keep telling myself it could be my anxiety but I don't know whether it is or if I should actually be concerned at this point and slow my life down again. I really can't do this again and am unsure if it was a concussion or not as symptoms started right after but I was so anxious and awful symptoms started about 5 days later.

I don't know where to go from here - any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Jessinthewilderness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote