View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 07:02 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Amino Acid Therapy

Dear Ollie,

thank you for your post and the hope it offers. I am a newly diagnosed PD person, 41 yo, stage 1. I am considering amino acid therapy. I would like to ask you three questions please

1. Do you still use amino acid therapy (Dr Hinz protocol) and is it still as useful and works as well as it did when you wrote this post three years ago?

2. Have you been using amino acid therapy by itself or did you have to add conventional stuff (dopamine agonists, l-dopa tablets)?

3. Can you recommend a doctor (I will travel wherever for a good one)? Are you happy with your doctor?

Thank you very much again, Ollie, and have a Sunday that fully lives up to its name

Marat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliePop View Post
I'd like to chime in here.

I have Parkinson's (2 years diagnosed). I had taken Sinemet for most of that period (3 x 25/100, went up to 7 1/2 pills total then back down). Improved my tremor and some rigidity. In addition to pain/rigidity, I was quite fatigued and depressed.

After an unsuccessful Rytary trial, I switched to the Hinz/Stein protocol.

I take 1.2 grams of Mucuna 3 times a day. The biggest difference that I feel is no more depression, no more fatigue!! Yay!! My mood is so much better.

I still struggle with pain/dexterity on my starboard side but mostly only in the evenings. If I increase the mucuna any more, I start to feel like I have too much and feel flush/heat/discomfort/pain on both sides (same with Rytary). I think I could take 10 grams of L-dopa and I still will not fully regain the right side dexterity.

Dr. Hinz said, I am not the norm in the amount of Mucuna. Most take much more. My take on things is that people with Parkinson's are like snowflakes, we are all different. Full disclosure, I take Cannabis as well. I have taken much less since the switch but believe that it's helped with everything (it is neuro-protective) however, the change in the way I felt the day of the switch to mucuna was profound.

Socc - You have an issue with the cost of the program.. Yes, it is more expensive, but I will gladly pay to feel this much better. I am a believer in the relative nutritional deficiency of carbidopa.
RockslideReed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote