View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 03:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consider View Post
Well, I've been diagnosed with Vulvodynia. Makes sense, due to my recent history with TBI/PCS/Occipital Neuralgia. Unfortunately, this diagnosis is leading me to my psychiatrist anyway.

My psychiatrist has been with me since my TBI when anxiety was crippling, and luckily he'll know about vulvodynia and will prescribe me the amitrypline that I need during this current time.

The pain is immense, mostly when I sit, and as far as the doctor says, it looks normal, but things aren't normal as he says or else I wouldn't be in his office. He prescribed me a steroid cream for the meantime and removed my IUD to prevent further complications.

He gave me an understanding of what vulvodynia was, as well as treatment plan and that this pain is normal due to faulty pain signals.

I am now convinced that I will heal now, and I need to take one day at a time, even if it kills me.
Hey, I have this too.. I went on ami and lyrica some time ago and then was able to go off them for 1 year and 4 months with no symptoms whatsoever.... I have it again now and back on meds... How have you evolved? I think mine is form years of severe anxiety and stress
mary jane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote