View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 07:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to check in and say that I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I usually dread holidays because as much as I love to see family and friends (and I never regret it)...I usually end up with elevated pain levels and exhausted. This weekend was no different...but at least we had some nice weather and I got to spend a little time outside too which was nice.

The flare up in my hands and the inflammation have FINALLY started to subside. Took 2 dospaks of steroids but the second one seemed to do it. This flare up lasted about 3.5 weeks...one of my longer ones lately as most seems to last a few days to a week. But then again...that functional capacity exam was pretty brutal and even after the pain started I kept going when in normal situations I would have just stopped and rested before it got to that level.

The report came back confirming that I am unable to even do sedentary work on a part time basis...so fingers crossed that I will be able to win my long term disability appeal and that the report will also help my work comp case as well. But it was terribly depressing to read in black and white, in very clinical terms, just how bad of shape I am in and that I am not going to get better. I still have hope that with the DRG...that will change...but it appears it will be quite a fight to get one so we shall see. So...both good and bad news on that front I guess.

Hope everyone is doing well and that you were able to enjoy your weekends.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (06-06-2017), ger715 (05-30-2017), RSD ME (05-30-2017), St George 2013 (06-04-2017)