Thread: Domino Effect?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 07:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have to say I have not tried the rebif, honestly, reading about the side-effects of most of the MS medications has me not even wanting to try them... copaxone seemed to have the least so I decided to at least try it, but since being on it while mostly things seem stable (a few issues but can't really say if meds are helping or waste of my time) but I've had issues with severe skin sensitivity, much more heightened sensitivity to sunlight, just what I need being as pale as I am, I mean so much so that I need to put sunblock on to go out and check the mail or I'm a lobster by the time I get back inside, and an increase in migraines.

As far as a link between starting your infusion and the possible skin cancer popping up that soon afterwards. It's really difficult to say if the rebif was the cause or if it just helped along what was already there. Skin cancer can grow at an incredible rate, one of the things that makes it so dangerous, and many cancers already present in the body can grow more quickly when "fed", a carcinogen, especially anything that increase the growth rate of cells. So it's possible it simply sped up the inevitable, or that it was a strange coincidence, really hard to say.

But my fingers are crossed to the point of nearly breaking for you in the hopes that it is not skin cancer, and that if it is, that it was caught in time
bddouglas (05-31-2017)