View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 05:26 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetist View Post
When I ran out of the 60, I split the 180 mg in half to take in its place.

I don't like the time released Mestinon. They don't seem to work 24 hours, more like six hours in my body.

Personally, I like the 60 mg of Mestinon. They work for four hours in my body, but at least they are consistent in that they work for four hours.

My doctors said my body needs more Mestinon, and I need to take the 60 mg at each meal and the 180 at night.

That seemed to work for me for 9 months, but now, the doctor wants to put me on prednisone. I hate to swell up like a bean, so I've been resisting it.

Some days or better than most, but the majority of them prove I need to consider taking the prednisone.
I hope you don't have to go on Predisone, l was on it for a little over a year and I really didn't like it all the side effects they're awful!!! I've been off now for a year and still having issues with side effects, are you on any type of immune surpressent of any kind like Imuran/Azathioprine, I'm taking 200mg a day plus Mestinon during daytime and 180 SR at bedtime and doing fairly good.

I'm sure others will Chime in to attest, sometimes you have no choice depending on situation, I don't want you contradicting you're Doctor I'm just sharing my experience from past...

Good luck.
Snoel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FREDH (10-04-2017)