View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 10:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello!!!

I have been on SubQ IG x almost 2 years... and it is a game changer!!! I Have gotten aseptic meningitis from IVIG two times really badly and milder multiple times... so the rate had to be so slow that the infusion would take 7-8 hours plus drive time and never feeling great the day after - my veins were always so sore.... plus its hard schedulewise!

Though i will say I never feel as controlled as my best control on IVIG.. it's much more steady... i usually feel pretty well controlled.. whereas with IVIG the 4th day after and for that next week or a little more I'd feel near normal.. but then I"d feel pretty low and really struggle to make it to the next infusion - which i was doing every 3 weeks.. probably needed every 2 .. but after doing every 2 for 2 years.. i tried to extend to 3

i do it myself at home once a week - with a little pump, and tubing that has 5 little needles (I inject in my thighs - as my tummy it left buldges that lasted too long.. thighs are easier to hide).. it' takes about 1.5/2 hours and done.. I take benadryl only... and i don't get side effects.. it has truly been a life saver and a lifestyle helper!

let me know if you have any other questions!!!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-02-2017)