Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 09:00 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

most mammals make their own taurine. However, cats do not and that is why they catch and eat mice which are high in taurine.

Without taurine they die. Kittens born to mothers low in taurine can be blind or have severe neurological damage if they do survive.

Commercial cat foods all have taurine added to them. This is why there is a warning to not feed dog food to cats, because there is no added taurine in that food.

So if people fail to make their own taurine because of an external event (trauma, genetic, or infections etc) then using
taurine supplements is necessary.

Taurine is in some energy drinks:
Ingredients - What is in Red Bull? Composition :: Energy Drink :: Red Bull USA

The response to the taurine should start in about a week. I was already taking 500mg for my gall bladder so my response was quick when I raised the dose to 1000mg a day. You may need to take a bit more depending on your circumstances, but don't raise up until a month or so passes. I don't have any negative side effects from it at all.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (06-04-2017)