Thread: Seeking hobbies
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 02:55 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Wow that really takes me back to the totally 80's friendship bracelets Gosh I must have made thousands out of embroidery thread back when I was a kid. And the 90's hemp bracelets and necklaces... but I never thought of doing it out of paracording before.... what do you do with them when you're done though? Untie and try another knotting? Make a rug? Dog collars? I can't picture tying paracord around my wrist or neck, though I believe I have some left over from my camping days to play with.

I'll have to hunt it up tomorrow afternoon, sort of fighting with the DH tonight so I'm naturally suffering the effects of insomnia while he's blissfully asleep. Hot day, had to go food shopping and my wheelchair had a flat tire, I didn't want to use the store chair, silly of me I know but I despise the motorized carts especially when I have tunnel vision and poor coordination now, and he had a bad day because his work kept bothering him even though he was off and we both just basically got snippy with each other. Which even carried over when we got back home and he criticized my attempts at putting groceries away which was really just succeeding in throwing half of them on the floor because left hand kept reaching to grab stuff though it can't hold anything. And he thought I was throwing them on purpose thinking I was still mad at him... honestly I was ready to bean him by the end of it.

Hot, tired, sore and my left hand refused to listen to me and stop picking things up, while my right hand just sat idly by, not even trying to help. But then to I was rushing to get things put up because I was hot, tired and hurting and wanting nothing more than to hop in a nice cold shower and lay down, so I wasn't focusing enough on which hand was doing the work till the bread when skittering across the floor, followed by the DH's soda, the cats food, the DH's chips and when I reached for the meats he stopped me and kicked me out of the kitchen. And from there we've been in the silently seething at each other point of our argument and to which tomorrow afternoon he'll call me to apologize while he's at work and I'll feel guilty for having never once in 17 years of marriage being the first one to apologize and after dinner tomorrow we'll be cuddled up on the couch together like the whole day never happened, and once more I won't have learned my lesson to simply say I'm sorry first so I can get a good nights rest, because he always lets me win any argument... sooooo infuriating.

This is why I need hobbies!!! I need challenges and conflicts... better they occur by paint brush or thread than my poor DH, who agrees that a bored me is a very very stubborn and ever so much a *^%#~ me.
ger715 (06-08-2017), St George 2013 (06-05-2017)