Thread: Seeking hobbies
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 03:08 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I made a few bracelets, a heck of a lot of keychains, and I was going to start trying actual macrame with actual macrame cord when exboyfriend dumped me and I basically ran out of steam on all my hobbies for a long time. (he dumped me in 2014, it's taken me a bit to start back up with any enthusiasm. MS has also kind of sucked the crafting enthusiasm out of me for a bit too)

I'd really like to get back to playing with paracord and trying out some macrame cord but since my dad died in April I just haven't had time, or money to do much with the hobbies. I'm trying to work on a scrap afghan right now, but haven't really gotten all that far. Been mostly trying to help my mom who's been super depressed about my dad. Usually I'll sit down to start crocheting, and I think that's when my mom takes her cue to start picking on me because she's sad and bored.

I found several packages of keyrings the other day in my desk. I keep hoping I'll find a magic stash of paracord, so far nothing. I did play around with some crochet thread (not really thread, it's cotton yarn that's a step down from worsted weight) and the knots that the paracord braiding uses. At least the cotton yarn was easier on the fingers than the paracord is.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (06-08-2017), St George 2013 (06-05-2017), Starznight (06-05-2017)