View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 04:39 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Strange Symptoms

Hello all!

I have had a number of strange symptoms that I have only really noticed this year. I have had a general vague weakness in one side of my body, but I only ever put my leg down to an old sports injury and my arm down to a small lipoma.

Things got even weirder this year when I felt a tiredness in my eye. I took a photo of my face and saw that the eyes were looking significantly different. One eye looked perfectly normal and the other one had a drooping lid. The drooping lid was on the same side as my general weakness. The eye looks fine at times, especially when I am concentrating on looking at you or looking up, but at other times it just looks really wrong.

In my work I find I am really good in the mornings, but by the afternoon my energy levels drop markedly and I am find myself very anxious.

I had never really put any of these symptoms together, but did go to hospital to check my eye. At the small hospital they suspected an infection, but the drops did nothing. On being refered to a larger hospital they ran tests and came to the conclusion that it might be MG and refered me to a neurologist.

The nerve and muscle tests from the ophtamologist came back negative and the neurologist who I then saw seemed totally uninterested in my case. Having a history of cancer I have raised concerns about a tumor of the brain, but they seem very uninterested in that too. I asked for an MRI on my brain but they said they don't want to unless my symptoms worsen. That distresses me somewhat as my cancer was only found incidentally and I think it is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to such things.

I also had two other very strange situations in the last year. One time was after food poisoning. I found my jaw was spasming. I went to the dentist who told me I just needed to relax and it was nothing to worry about. Another time several weeks after my cancer surgery, I thought I was better and drove my car a long way. A bit silly, but I thought I was healing. The next day I felt terrible all over and eventually felt like I was collapsing. For the first time in my life an ambulance was called and I thought it was maybe bad food again plus exhaustion. After several hours laying on the hospital bed, I was tensing up badly and found I couldn't stop putting my tongue out. I started to hyperventilate. After an injection I calmed down and after a few days at home felt improved. I didn't have the eye symptoms at that stage.

That is my story so far and I am a bit frustrated that I cannot seem to find out what has happened. Something is amiss, but I don't really know what it is. The neurologist thinks it is just ptosis, but I have never had ptosis of the eye before and up until last year had never had cancer either, so I am very wary about my health.

I just wondered if anyone more knowlegeable about all of this had any advice for me. BTW I am male and in my late 30's.
Jed the Humanoid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote