View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 06:21 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Thank you for the detailed reply Annie.

I don't have the results from the hospital, so will have to go in and get them. The opthamologists were very thorough and seemed much more concerned about MG. The nerve and muscle tests I did following my meeting with the arm doctor showed nothing unusual, but I don't know the names of the tests. I think one was a Jolly test, the other one where they pulsed my body with energy, but I don't have the specific names or the actual results. Looking at the way doctors don't seem to talk about the tests that they ordered and that you actually pay for, it is probably best to get hold of everything and interpret it yourself. Having mostly avoided hospitals all my life I see a lot more of them these days and asides from my cancer surgeon, other departments seem very hit and miss with the emphasis on miss. I should get everything and keep it on record. As far as I know my blood test came back normal, but nobody has even mentioned it to me. They didn't say what was being tested or anything more after so I assumed it is normal, but wouldn't know.

This makes me look bad too as I should be knowing what I am doing, but the ptosis was new to me and I assumed doctors were following a particular path and knew exactly what they were trying to do. I am now learning from what you are telling me that I need to become far more pro active in this as the medical profession seems to want to leave me in the dark or not get involved. It's about doing the tests, then telling me as little as possible afterwards.

The neurologist seemed totally uninterested which I found very strange having gone through so much testing to be finally refered to him. They had suggested he might put me on medication to see if it would improve things but nothing. Not even very interested that I had cancer surgery just 6 months ago. I spent such a long time explaining my symptoms and my strange recent health to the ophthamologist that I assumed the neurologist would have it on file and that it would just be onto the next step. He just seemed to look at a few pictures of my eyes from the tests looking quite normal and because the movement is okay and the muscle and nerve test was okay just thinks it is all nothing. He wouldn't listen when I thought it best to at least do an MRI to rule out anything more.

I didn't get to tell him about me being perfect in the mornings then just trying to get through the afternoons, about how when I do my grading the eye droops and I have to stop because I feel too tired, how my hobby of reading is now thrown to the wayside as I cannot concentrate, about how a recent cold lasted 3 weeks and it took my voice 3 weeks more to stop being so hoarse. These are all really weird things for me and just maybe they are nothing to worry about, but they are all happening. Maybe that was my fault too for being too easy going a patient and not pressing more. My wife tells me I should exagerrate my symptoms to get something done, but I am mild mannered and just want to be honest about things. Other times I literally do just forget what to say as going to hospital is stressful and after waiting so long you forget where to start. Then it's over and you realise nothing is getting done.

My anxiety first materialised several years ago, but only led to a full blown panic attack about 3 years ago. It was terrifying as I didn't know it was a panic attack. I read up a lot on it and now keep it mostly under control, but it only gets difficult in the afternoons now. It gets worse with heat and tiredness. It rarely leads to full panic anymore, but it's a difficult sensation to deal with.

I have a terrible intolerance of heat and lately that has really been bothering me. It seems to affect me more than others and I have been complaining about the lack of AC. Mostly my symptoms are the eye and tiredness around that eye, but I do have a general fatigue. The numbness in my fingers might still be that lipoma no doctor wants to touch. My left side is the weak side, right side not so much. If anything I think that side is fine. The neurologist told me one side is more dominant and that is just the way it is. He also told me the odd of MG or a tumor are very low so really there is nothing they can do. He didn't hear a lot of what I wanted to say though.

My cancer was of the kidney. It was found by chance in the very early stages at around a cm. It was removed and my first follow ups show NED. The eye symptoms started showing up a few months ago.

Thank you for all the information Annie. It was very informative. I have been reading the forum a while wondering if I might have MG and I really do not know.
Jed the Humanoid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-05-2017)