View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 08:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The carpet is going down today, I've moved as much as I possibly can, the remaining study desk can be moved around as they go. I set the bed up in the garage and as far as I'm concerned we can sleep in there until the painting is finished. Needless to say it was me that got the garage set up and the bed into it. I had a quick peek inside his side of the robes this morning, nothing moved out at all, so I've had to lift and carry all of his clothes out so the carpet can go down on his side of the robe as well. He's had 10 days off and the most he has done is brush the dogs. So we slept in the garage last night, my car outside and his inside, we need his safe as it's the required dog transport vehicle. It actually wasn't to bad.

The carpet layers arrived and I burst into tears, I had been trying to secure the modem and Foxtel (sky) unit to the window ledge but couldn't get it to stay. The guys were great, I explained the modem can't be disconnected as I need it for emergency dial out if I have a seizure etc. he said it's ok we can work around it. I've got one dog attached to me by lead, he's determined to stick to me like glue, it's the dog that usually knows when I'm unwell so rather than him run off and someone trip over him he's on the lead and fast asleep.

My back /rib side is hurting like an axe is wedged in it. I hope I've not caused another compression fracture.

On the upside, I've not smelled anything on DB, he's had the chance to if he wanted to so I guess we will just take it one day at a time. His stomach is playing him up terribly, anxiety is at an all time high, yesterday was day one of the new dog drug training. DB is not sure he will make it, he just doesn't have the drive or fanatic energy the other dogs exhibit. He's got the smarts, he can definitely do it, it's just he has to want to do it - all day long!
eva5667faliure (06-06-2017), ger715 (06-05-2017), kiwi33 (06-06-2017), Wide-O (06-06-2017)