View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 01:51 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Yes, I have a numbness particularly in the 2 small fingers of my right hand. My leg also gets weak. I had always put the leg down to a sports injury I got years ago. I didn't really treat it properly being young and silly, but that too feels weak when I am tired. I went to a chiropractor for the first time last week partly out of desperation at the inability to get anything done at the hospital. He is less than impressed by my general posture and thinks he can help. I am not sure I have anything to lose. I get tired, but not so tired that I cannot move or anything like that. I have only felt that extreme during extreme anxiety or a very odd situation like when I went in the ambulance. On the whole I go for my daily walk and do function throughout the day, it is just that I feel spent and particularly in the afternoons as the heat comes on.

I am so used to feeling tired in the afternoons, having hand and leg numbness and being unable to get a good nights sleep that I sometimes wonder what is normal or not. In the old days I used to drink and thought it was down to an inability to handle alcohol any longer. I stopped drinking which helped reduce the anxiety, but still felt lousy in the afternoons. It gets hot in the summers and I remember a few years ago I went to the hospital complaining about feeling weak and dizzy in the afternoons. They had no idea and I just continued battling on. It became my normal. Looking back I remember more things like this that I had always put down as quite random and unconnected. The eye lately is the first time I have been able to put anything down as quite definitely physically abnormal.

My surgery was in November, so I am pretty much healed from that process. Funnily enough I was more concerned about my eye than my cancer follow ups as I knew my tumor was small and had never presented any symptoms. Meanwhile it is hard to escape a tired feeling eye that looks strange. I was outside talking to a friend earlier today and I asked if my eye looked okay and he said it looked perfectly normal. I showed him a picture of it looking heavy and odd and he found it very surprising. Most of the time I can hide it as I can work the forehead and the eyebrows quite well.

Thank you for the advice, Annie. I will gather my medical records next week and look through everything. I will then go to a different hospital and ask about things more methodically than I have been doing and hopefully someone will take me more seriously. I don't want to have any condition, but at the very least I would like a brain tumor to be physically ruled out and then go from there. It is all sometimes quite difficult for me as I live overseas.

Most of the time I am what you would call okay, but do have the constant numbness, the weird eye and a general fatigue and difficulty staying asleep. For a long time I just assumed some of those things were just me, but the eye has alerted me and so soon after cancer I am on high alert. I will look into all those things and report back. Thanks again!
Jed the Humanoid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote