View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 10:29 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Pam,
I looked back and found my April 21st post saying something about the two of you working on this project together (updating, carpeting, painting, etc.) would be a good thing and help DB. Both of you seemed so excited, I really had hoped, as I am sure you did too, this would bring something positive to the relationship.

I understand the change in a relationship personally when I was originally healthy and now no longer am able to be the person I once was before pain, surgeries, etc., became a part of my life. Lack of compassion is difficult to endure on top of dealing with all of this.

It's like a surprise when mentioning even needing extra help (hold hand/arm or stay close or even look back to see if I'm still behind you when in a crowd (Church). Hubby has to know from experience; if I fall; I can't get up on my own. People can accidentally bump into you; they don't see the cane in a crowed area. I have fear of going down (I did in a restaurant a few years back; needing two people (he one of them) to lift me under each arm to get back on my feet).Manager (before I could stop him) called 911; ambulance, fire dept. showed up; I was so embarrassed.

Sorry to digress. The remark you made about not being who you once were and the difference unwell causes in a relationship kinda "hit home". (Both of us were widowed when married 17 years ago.

I feel badly with all you are going thru yourself and then doing all this extra work with little, if any, help.

Gerry
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-06-2017), PamelaJune (06-06-2017), Wide-O (06-06-2017)