View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 03:38 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

Hello Estevezkid: I'm sorry I cannot really address your concerns. However I also wanted to welcome you to NeuroTalk. I trust you will find the time you spend here to be of benefit. By the way, here's a link to the Spinal Disorders and Back Pain forum kiwi mentioned:

https://www.neurotalk.org/forum22/

I guess the one observation I can offer here is that, years back, I was a vocational rehabilitation counselor working with injured workers. In that capacity I had a lot of opportunities to be involved with the medical care my clients received. Of course, where you live will no doubt make a difference. But my experience was that a lot of what did & did not get decided, with regard to patients' diagnosis & treatment, had as much to do with who a particular doctor was "connected to" (either the insurer or the injured worker's attorney) than it did what was actually going on with the patient.

This was particularly true in cases where the injury was related to the spinal column. The reality is that everyone develops a variety of spine-related problems as the years go by. And determining whether or not a particular problem is related to a person's work injury, or simply to the effects of living day-to-day, can be mission impossible. At least in my experience it often ended up being something that got argued out by attorneys representing the workers compensation carrier on one side & attorneys representing the injured worker on the other.
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote