View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 01:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocketboon View Post
Does anyone have an pudendal nerve pain? I;ve had it for over a year and have been doing physical therapy inside the rectum. Has anyone had surgery for this issue?
I don't think you should have surgery for this, any doctor offering surgery for PNE is a quack butcher. There are no official statistics for the outcome of the surgery except this lame one with a sample size of 16 (n=16) ...
they should come clean with their quackery

BACKGROUND:
We assess that pudendal neuralgia is a tunnel syndrome due to a ligamentous entrapment of the pudendal nerve and have treated 400 patients surgically since 1987. We have had no major complication. We conducted a randomized controlled trial to evaluate our procedure.
METHODS:
A sequential, randomized controlled trial to compare decompression of the pudendal nerve with non-surgical treatment. Patients aged 18-70, had chronic, uni/bilateral perineal pain, positive temporary response to blocks at the ischial spine and in Alcock's canal. They were randomly assigned to surgery (n=16) and control (n=16) groups. Primary end point was improvement at 3 months following surgery or assignment to the non-surgery group. Secondary end points were improvement at 12 months and at 4 years following surgical intervention.
RESULTS:
A significantly higher proportion of the surgery group was improved at 3 months. On intention-to-treat analysis 50% of the surgery group reported improvement in pain at 3 months versus 6.2% of the non-surgery group (p=.0155); in the analysis by treatment protocol the figures were 57.1% versus 6.7% (p=.0052). At 12 months, 71.4% of the surgery group compared with 13.3% of the non-surgery group were improved, analyzing by treatment protocol (p=.0025). Only those randomized to surgery were evaluated at 4 years: 8 remained improved at 4 years. No complications were encountered.

Source: Decompression and transposition of the pudendal nerve in pudendal neuralgia: a randomized controlled trial and long-term evaluation. - PubMed - NCBI
mary jane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote