View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 08:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Eva I can't recall if you were awarded primary carer rights for your granddaughter and her parents visitation? If you are the primary carer you can go back to the courts and request supervised visits and regular drug testing. If instead your granddaughter has just been dumped on you because the parents aren't that bothered with her, then is it possible you reintroduce limited visits and rather than continue to strive on a family centred approach for her which I understand why, you reverse that approach slowly & quietly without responding & carry on as if nothing has changed. Remember you are her number one person. Immature & sad adults do tell children not to tell grandma, they say things like "what happens here stays here, or it's a secret don't tell". Whatever happens with you down the track, it's the time she is having now with you she will always remember & treasure. This time with her parents won't be recalled as good times, you can't change that, but you can limit the damage they do because she lives with you. Not them. I wish things were easier for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva5667faliure View Post
For the better
My yesterday is today
Even harder
Granddaughter tells me this morning
She was told to lie to me
What do I do
Father
Hold on to me tight
Just for today
Me