View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 09:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs Up tomorrow the skate board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNPV View Post
I have had PD for 4 to 5 years. These years have been marked by stiff walking, no arm swing, shuffling to some extent. I am on 4 carbidopa/levadopa pills per day. No other meds. For some reason my walking has improved over the last couple of months dramatically. So much so that my husband said if I lost my right hand/arm tremor no one could know I had PD. My massage therapist noticed it. When I walked down the hallway at the office, my neurologist kept smiling at how "loose" I walked. With an UNINTENTIONAL arm swing. The arm just started looking like a "normal" arm. I am completely at a loss as to why or how this is happening. I KNOW that PD causes a slow decline and does not improve. I keep trying to think if anything changed....diet, exercise, etc. but I can't think of any explanation. Has anyone heard of this....dare I say....type of remission??? It FEELS so good to walk normally again!
Dear KNPV,

How refreshing it is to read your post! I would suggest reading Janice Walton- Hadlocks' several publications. Recovery From Parkinson’s She identifies chi flow patterns typical in idiopathic PD as "rebellious" ....when this pattern corrects rigid soft tissue softens like jello which I too have experienced this in my shoulder towers although for me it comes and goes.. (she uses a very gentle touch technique called Yin Tui Na to achieve this). John Coleman (author of "Stop Parkin' and Start Living" recovered from Parkinsons' and he used a form of massage therapy called "Bowen' technique. Perhaps your massage therapist is helping you ! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!

It has been my experience that some of the pd sx I experience have resolved such as stooped posture, some of the arm rigidity but not all and foot drop (thx to a chi gong method called arrow and bow walking I used to develop new neural pathways). PD has NOT been a consistent decline - I feel on some level like PD teaches me to slow down at times - get intentionally into gear at others along with countless other lessons in humility and judgement. As I am able to integrate these the sx don't capture my attention so much.

Why take the med if it does not make a difference? Personally I look for every opportunity to reduce my med.....currently 1/2 pill of 10/100 sinemet + 1/2 tsp. mucuna powder 3X/day (yesterday only twice!!) also currently homeopathic causticum, black seed oil, vitamin C and papaya enzyme. Working in my garden seems to take my focus to a place that allows me to release pd memory pattern grooves in neural pathways.

Good Luck and Kind Regards!
MD

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla

Last edited by moondaughter; 06-10-2017 at 09:43 AM.
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote