Old 06-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Hi Kitty.

I know this thread is from last year but I am curious if you found any relief or answers.

I have had problems with my feet for quite a while, I have spent a small fortune on shoes but inevitably my feet hurt. I assumed the problem was due to MS (Man! I need to quite doing that). MS affected my feet early on.

Well, MS is partially to blame but not in the way I thought. The diagnosis is contracture of the Achilles tendon (shortening of the Achilles tendon). This is more than likely due to spasticity. I now have flat feet and bunions on both big toes, everything is bilateral with the left foot being worse.

On my left foot the big toe and the one next to it have "drifted" together, Dr. is uncertain if one is drifting towards the other or they are both drifting together. This has hindered my walking quite a bit which is quite frustrating and painful.

I was referred to a clinic for custom Orthotics and I should have them in two weeks. My Dr. wants me to give the Orthotics time to see if they will correct some or all of the problems. In this way he can decide if surgery is needed or not.

Oh! Let me not forget, if insurance doesn't pay for the Orthotics I will owe 325.00 for the Orthotics

Man! Getting older and having MS sucks.

Okay. I think I'm done
Thanks, Snoopy. I'm thinking I cannot afford to have MS any longer.

I'm still suffering with my right foot nearly every day. Some days it's quite unbearable. At this point my right foot is swollen on top and all around my ankle. I have a small fortune invested in Plantar remedies......none of which work.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote