View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 03:35 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Mrs D & Wide-O - thanks, I went straight back on to my previous daily dosage of B vitamins. It was on a forum which I can't find now.

Second Chances - I found when my burning was intolerable, I'd get the occasional hour or so where it would relent. And then that hour would be 2, then eventually it became the norm.

I've given up caffeine, diet & sugary drinks, and gluten. Which ultimately means I now get no symptoms at all during the day. Now it's just slight pain and numbness on an evening...but that is also getting better. Coffee and diet drinks now, and previously alcohol and opiate based medication have been very strong triggers for burning pain in my experience.

And that's the main thing I want to share this time - I'd still have constant burning now if I drank a few coffees and diet drinks a day, and ate a lot sugary food. So you're maybe waiting for the improvement since abstaining from alcohol but there could be other factors affecting your nerves. And for me...it has always taken between 48 hours and a week from giving something up to seeing the improvement. I'm also down a lot of weight too...30kg in total, and exercise a couple of hours a day. Not certain if that's helping or not with the PN.

I started on the Taurine too..which takes me to about 30 supplements I experiment with!
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (06-23-2017), PamelaJune (06-13-2017), SecondChances (06-14-2017), Wide-O (06-13-2017)