View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 04:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10decisions View Post
And that's the main thing I want to share this time - I'd still have constant burning now if I drank a few coffees and diet drinks a day, and ate a lot sugary food. So you're maybe waiting for the improvement since abstaining from alcohol but there could be other factors affecting your nerves. And for me...it has always taken between 48 hours and a week from giving something up to seeing the improvement. I'm also down a lot of weight too...30kg in total, and exercise a couple of hours a day. Not certain if that's helping or not with the PN.
This is important, and the reason we ask people to read this thread from the beginning. I did exactly the same a year after getting sober: stop sugar (fructose) intake, and start an anti-inflammation diet. I had spectacular results after about a month, and also lost 34 kg in the process (after 4 months). These days, when I feel it's getting worse again, I go back on a low sugar diet. I know I should do that 24/7/365 but the good is not the enemy of the perfect.

But I do still maintain the fresh food/if it comes in a box the box has more nutrients than the content (), self-prepared, lots of olive oil, lots of variation, etc. - routine.

And yes, exactly, when you try something, give it some time, a couple of weeks. PN is a constant search of what works and what doesn't, and some patience is needed. Stressing about it only makes it worse. Make notes, or a journal, so you can find your way back into what exactly you did to make it worse/better.

Sugar is so very close to alcohol for the liver (in the end, alcohol is fermented sugar) that it pays to stay clear of it for a while. And by that, I mean: fructose. Fruit juice is just as bad as sodas. Fructose is in a lot more products than you'd ever imagine, and has a lot more names. There is no difference between "natural" and processed. Honey is... fructose, and has the same working as HFCS.

Do a search on glycemic load/glycemic index when it comes to food and ingredients, and how to combine those with other foodstuffs. Don't think it's the kind of boring diet that leaves you hungry and cranky all day long. It's not - and losing excess weight is just a bonus.
"Thanks for this!" says:
10decisions (06-19-2017), ger715 (06-14-2017)