View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Well the STD claim was denied, and I appealed but it was denied again. I should have hired a lawyer but I was exhausted and depressed about the whole thing. I never went back to work and I was ultimately forced to resign on January 31st otherwise they would call it job abandonment.

I signed up for Cobra insurance which is cheaper than going on my husband's retiree plan.

I applied for SSDI in December but didn't submit it online until February. Every time I checked the status it said "processing". I called early last week and the person I spoke to looked into it and said it had been approved (!) so she did some things in the computer and said I should get a letter in 7-10 business days. I'm cautiously optimistic that she is right and it has been approved. But I won't believe it until I get the letter.

I can tell you one thing for sure, I will never purchase or support any product by MetLife. I still might see if I have any means for filing a claim against them with the state insurance board. Even if it just puts some pressure on them for being so heartless in handling my claim. I spoke to someone in HR before I stopped working and she said that MetLife does this sort of thing all of the time.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (06-21-2017), agate (08-26-2017), tkrik (06-13-2017)