Thread: Seeking hobbies
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 09:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I do love gardening and have some nice raised beds as well as just regular beds throughout my garden but it just get sooooooooo hot down here, that I really can only care for the garden in early spring and late fall through the winter... good thing is snow doesn't cover everything down here in the winter and some plants will still grow so I don't have to worry about things to do come winter normally. I also have a great dsrl camera my DH got me, but once again the heat kills me in the summer so the camera sits on the shelf throughout the summer months unless I make a trip to NH.

I will have to look into playing with some pottery though... I used to do a lot of pottery when I was younger, heck my mom had a whole China cabinet filled with my works before we moved from NH to GA, then unfortunately like so many other things we had they we sold off to help pay for the move , bankruptcy bites let me tell you... but I hadn't really played around with it since the move over 20 years ago, short of salt dough ornaments with the GB last Christmas and i think one school project after we moved... though thinking of it... that was before the move.... anatomical figure of a bottlenosed dolphin easiest A I ever got... it was erosion and stream patterns down here dirt was free.

But yeah, I could see giving pottery another whirl (both figuratively and literally ) and if the cheaper doughs work out, I can always have the DH build me a nice little wood burning kiln... we always have plenty of brush to burn why let the energy of burning it go to waste... and I would like some new dishes, we just have the simple white Corneille ones right now, and there's tons of different dip dyes out there for ceramics along with different stamps for making patterns in the wet clay...ok creative mind is churning up a storm now and excitement is building over possibly making my own dinnerware again. THANKS
ewizabeth (06-14-2017), tkrik (06-16-2017)