View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 11:33 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanator90 View Post

I am really just looking for two things - some hope and inspiration. And secondly, is htere a surefire way to measure if I am improving day to day now.
1) Through patience persistance and perserverance you will succeed in recovering. It took me 2 years, and I was successful at reclaiming my life. There are many more examples of this on this form.

2) No. Not daily. There are too many minor fluctuations in a recovery pattern. Recovery is similar to a successful stock on the NASDAQ. Daily, it will go up and down showing no distinct trend. But weekly and monthly, the trend will head upwards towards success. As such, keep a journal on how you're feeling. In this journal make a list of your symptoms and rate the severity of them out of 10. Do this twice a month and over time you will notice your improvements. Don't score your symptoms everyday because you will become obsessed and the exercise will become counter productive.

2b) There is a way to measure your real-time stress levels which indirectly correlate to PCS. PCS represents a disruption of your central nervous system. You can use heart-rate variability (HRV) to measure your real-time stress levels. I can elaborate on this if requested.

Good luck.

Hains
Hains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hermanator90 (06-14-2017)