View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 11:45 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Kitty have you been to a Podiatrist? That's who evaluated my feet and ordered my custom Orthotics (inserts). The good news is insurance is covering it and all I will owe is $24.00. The Podiatrist said part of the problem would be due to tight calves (spasticity). That was a light bulb moment for me as my calves have been tight and painful for awhile. I use a rolling pin to loosen the calf muscles and have increased doing so.

When your foot is swollen wear shoes, they work as compression and will reduce the swelling. Have you brought this to the attention of your PCP?

Starznight, I have flat feet (no arch), the Orthotics will give me an arch and quite a bit of padding. The top of my left foot hurts, tendons are over stretched and too tight. wrapping any of the toes causes extreme pain as does using padding between toes, I know this because I tried it before seeing the Podiatrist

I saw the PA at my PCP's office first and she recommended trying sports tape to try and reduce the pain while I wait to see the Podiatrist, results were mixed.

The clinic for my Orthotics called this morning and needed to reschedule my appointment so I won't get them until the 30th <sigh>
Kitty (06-15-2017)