View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 12:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi again Mark,

God I hoped I would never have to talk to you here again

Thank you both for responding. I was slowly getting better over 13 months (May 2016). There were no setbacks or ups and downs since then. It was just slow methodical monthly progress. I had gotten to a point where I was driving, talking, interacting as much as I could without any headache.

About two months ago, I tried doing a short prep for my job that I held two years ago (economics consultant), and it was way too much to handle and I had a short two days of intense fog, but nothing that didn't wane over time. But, that kinda indicated to me how much intensity I could handle and my old job was not something I could handle at the time.

This current hit was three days ago. It is a completely new hit. The last two years with this concussion have been helpful in finding ways to accept my self, and I drive daily for hours just enjoying the day. Exactly what I was doing when I stopped to get gas and forgot to grab my credit card from the dash and hit the top of my head into the roof of my door opening. I don't even remember the next 5 mintues or so. It was brutal. I drove back an hour home, and that was an excruciating drive.

I didn't know how bad things were till the next morning when my balance was off, walking seemed impossible, could not look at the screen without headache getting worse. But, I am able to do those things a little easier today.

So I am praying and hopeful that if I am just extremely patient with this recovery, I will continue to improve. Avoiding anything that is overexerting. Does that sound rational...

Last edited by hermanator90; 06-14-2017 at 02:09 PM.
hermanator90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote