View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 02:50 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizabeth View Post
I did join a book club Starz. It's at my local small library. They choose a book (usually a women's title or romance) once a month then meet the last Friday of the month. I can get really exhausted easily though so I take a nap in the afternoon before the meeting.

I love the women in the group, they're funny and gossip more than they discuss the book. And booze. They bring booze and snacks to the meeting. It's just hilarious.

I don't even care for stories like this normally but I'm reading them to be in the group. I like historical fiction or books about other parts of the world so I can learn about other cultures.
Wiz, that's hilarious! Sounds like my kinda book club!!

I can almost see a book coming out of this book club experience. It would be a hoot! Woman enjoying her life in the work force gets diagnosed with an auto-immune disease and has to stop working. She doesn't want to become a hermit so she looks for socialization outlets. Finds this book club and it all seems innocent enough until she goes to a couple of the meetings and finds out that this is just a glorified cocktail party!! The women there come from all sorts of backgrounds an social levels. Some get into mischief after the meetings (due to the booze they consumed while discussing the book) and the others rescue them.

I think it would be a best seller!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (06-14-2017), Starznight (06-15-2017), tkrik (06-16-2017)