View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starznight View Post
Gently stretch everyday, avoid walking around barefoot too often, massage the arch and foot throughout the day, ice any inflammation and soothe pain with a nice "lukewarm" saltwater foot bath and if you can tolerate it apply some ligament (absorbine, aspercreme...) but I have found that the so called arch support booties and foot wrap things that only apply pressure to the arch itself are totally useless. They don't address the other parts of the foot being affected and do to address the real issue that is causing it to fall in the first place. (Tighten Achilles' tendon being a main culprit, bunions another though more often if you aren't a card carrying member of the pointed toe shoe brigade it's a side-effect of the fallen arch syndrome.)

But given the length of time you've been suffering as well as the swelling across the top of your foot and your ankle... have they taken an MRI yet? That's not typical of plantar fasciitis...discoloration and mild swelling on the bottom of your foot is normal and expected but it shouldn't be affecting the top of your foot and ankle. Sounds like you have a lot more going on than a simple flat foot, so if the doctor hasn't already ordered an MRI it might be time to find a new doctor, probably a sports medicine doctor.
Thanks, Starz. I do have one item that keeps cold on the bottom and top of my foot simultaneously so I probably need to use that more often. But I don't have flat feet. I have a definite arch and use flexible arch supports some of the time. It helps a little.

I do think I need to see a doctor about the swelling on top of my foot. I wonder if I have broken a bone...maybe a hairline fracture or something. All I know is it hurts like a *beepity beep* first thing in the morning.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote